The Process of Project Management
NEWS: I have just kicked off a blog in which I will discuss many of the subjects I have been asked about, or have asked, over the last 30+ years
PRINCE2 in the Organization
So you are thinking about implementing or "embedding" PRINCE2 in the organization but are not really sure how to do it? Having your Project Managers take the training and be certified is a good start but PRINCE2 is much more than that. It is all about cultural change and continual improvement. It is recommended that this is pursued as a PRINCE2 project itself. One of the first "Work Packages" is to assess organizational readiness and to tailor PRINCE2 to your organization's particular business and goals. I would like to help in the following ways:
- Readiness assessment - before you start out on this project a feasibility study to assess the "readiness" of the organization and the people within it. If you are already a quality based e.g. ISO9001, then you should be starting from a good place.
- Embedding PRINCE2 in the organization - establishing the goals, the business case and tailoring to the business need and environment.
- Providing the support for your PMs - in the practicalities of PRINCE2
- Providing the training necessary for key managers and other staff in working with PRINCE2 projects, their roles and expectations.
- Training in Mind Mapping techniques from over 25 years of using both paper and software. MindMapping is a great tool for the "Starting up a Project" stage. Group MindMapping of Business Case, Risks and Stakeholder benefits ensures getting the project off to a great start!
ISO produced a Project Management standard, ISO21500:2012, to which PRINCE2 also complies. The ISO9001:2015 revision will be released later in 2015 and it is expected that PRINCE2 will also be revised within a year or two.
PRINCE2 in the world
Which languages are PRINCE2 exams available?
You can take exams in the following languages: Arabic (Foundation only), Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Mandarin), Czech (Foundation only), Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese (Foundation only), Korean (Foundation only), Norwegian, Polish, Romanian (Foundation only), Russian (Foundation only), Slovak (Foundation only), Spanish and Swedish.
PRINCE2 is gaining wide acceptance in the USA and is already the process chosen for the Federal CPIC program. Other companies have taken it on board and more training is available from a variety of Approved Training Organizations. Training your people is one part of PRINCE2 - for it to be effective in an organization it needs to be embedded!
Please contact me for more information on PRINCE2 and how it can be implemented in your company, large or small.
Training in PRINCE2 for Accredited Training organizations
Often organizations want to quickly understand more about PRINCE2 and I have found that Mind Mapping is an excellent way to do this along the lines of below:
PRINCE2 Computer Applications for Project Management across the Enterprise
- Project In a Box - a Client Server application that follows the process fully including document management to ISO9001:2008 Section 4.2.
- CorePM - a web based system due for a major upgrade in 2016 to include document management and other enhancements
- Member of the British Computer Society since 1990 (MBCS)
- Member of the Association for Project Management since 1992 (MAPM)
- Chartered Engineer in Information Technology (CITP)
- PRINCETM Certified in 1992
- PRINCE2TM Certified in 2013
- Member of the American Society for Quality (ASQ)